Screen Channel TV will be with us on Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th September and would like to speak to people about debts and loans. For further information have a look out our events page or contact Emma Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
Screenchannel Television is an independent TV production company based in Waterloo and the makers of popular BBC consumer series Fake Britain. The BBC has commissioned them to make a new 15-part daytime series about all things to do with debt and loans for BBC1. Each episode will be 45 minutes long and will feature 6-8 different short stories involving people who are or who have been in debt and the agencies that help them. N...aturally this means we're looking for a lot of different cases over a wide variety of topics and we are currently casting the net far and wide in the hope of finding people who might be prepared to take part.
The following is what they are looking for in a client.
- cases of harrassment or abuse from creditors, debt collectors and bailiffs
- anyone who has been forced to raise money by taking valuables to a pawn shop - either online or high street; also 'cash-for-gold' type schemes.
- people in a cycle of debt to high street lenders or high interest lenders - log book loans, payday loans, quickquid, wonga.com etc
- store card and catalogue debt - Brighthouse, Simply Be, Kays and so on
- someone who has got involved with illegal money lenders / loan sharks
- repossessions, particularly where we can follow the story before and after the court hearing to find out if they are going to lose their home
- anyone who has been scammed by someone claiming to be able to eliminate all their debts. Also people who have been ripped off by dodgy debt management companies.
- anyone suffering with 'fuel poverty' (in debt partly or substantially because of fuel bills). Particularly interested in anyone threatened with being cut off because they cannot afford to pay.
- people being treated badly by the banks
- positive stories of people who have managed to get themselves out of debt and back on track
If anyone want to send media willing clients that fit with the above them email me. email@example.com with the clients details and ill speak to them. Emma